- How do I work out the right size of my cake?
- Wedding/Coffee Serve - 1x2 inches (2.5x5cm)
- Party/Dessert Serve - 2x2inches (5x5cm)
- 6 inch round - 10 wedding serves/8 party serves
- 8 inch round - 28 wedding serves/14 party serves
- 10 inch round - 40 wedding serves/22 party serves
- 12 inch round - 56 wedding serves/34 party serves
- 14 inch roubd - 80 wedding serves/52 party serves
Don't worry we can guide you when designing your cake.
There are two serving sizes that determine the cake tier sizes:
If you have a party and the cake is the only dessert we would recommend the party size. If you have a big party and other desserts/cakes and lots of kids a smaller wedding serve per person may be more than enough.
Same goes for weddings, if you have a three course meal at a sit down reception than quite a few guests may opt for a coffee instead of cake.
Here are a few guidelines:
Square cakes yield a bit more per tier as they cut more evenly.
3D carved cakes are hard to calculate and if in doubt we would put them o.n another round or square base cake to get more servings from it.